St Ives based Under 15’s in the medals
YOUNG athletes from Hunts AC competed in the South of England U15/U17 Track and Field Championships in Chelmsford last weekend. Despite illness and injuries among them, the St-Ives-based team came away with two medals, both courtesy of U15 competitor Ell
YOUNG athletes from Hunts AC competed in the South of England U15/U17 Track and Field Championships in Chelmsford last weekend.
Despite illness and injuries among them, the St-Ives-based team came away with two medals, both courtesy of U15 competitor Ellie Rhodes.
Winning her first major title, Rhodes threw a distance of 9.68m in the shot putt to break her personal best.
Rhodes then set another PB in the triple jump, a discipline at which she's ranked among the top in her age group in the UK. Her best jump of 10.34m broke her own club age group record and earned her the bronze medal.
In the U17 shot putt, Paul Hayball showed how far he's progressed with a best throw of 13.17m, giving him fourth place. His throw of 34.08m in the discus saw him placed sixth.
Christian Roberts finished sixth in the 400m hurdles final, running an impressive 59.4secs despite suffering from a cold virus.
- 1 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 2 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 3 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 4 White roses and political history in Huntingdonshire
- 5 80th birthday celebrations for the East's longest-serving lollipop lady
- 6 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 7 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 8 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 9 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 10 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
Michael Smith ran a PB of 4min 35.10secs in the U15 1500m event, narrowly missing out on a place in the final.
The Club's next outing will be the Cambridgeshire County Schools Event.