RUGBY: St Ives second team star on a Saturday off for the first XV
- Credit: Archant
St Ives enjoyed derby success at second-team level last Saturday.
The Bulls’ second string dished out a 59-7 drubbing to their St Neots counterparts in an Eastern Counties League Division Two West fixture.
The high-scoring success featured a hat-trick of first-half tries from St Ives winger Rick Peters. Jim Robinson also touched down in the opening period.
A fourth Peters score followed in the second half when Callum Long (2), Joe Cox and Jack Hickman also got in on the act.
The St Ives first XV were without a fixture last weekend, but they resume their Midlands Division Two East (South) promotion challenge this Saturday when hosting Oakham at Somersham Road.
You may also want to watch:
Phil Brown’s men are out to bounce back from a defeat to Market Harborough in their last outing on February 2 when they also lost second place in the standings to the Leicestershire side.
Huntingdon are nine points adrift at the bottom of Midlands Division Two East (South) as they attempt to avoid relegation for the second season running. Damien Whales’ men go to Coalville this Saturday.
- 1 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 10 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives