Sponsorship deal for Eaton Socon juniors
- Credit: Archant
Eaton Socon Cricket Club’s successful junior set-up has received a sponsorship boost.
They have clinched long-term backing from locally-based estate agent Giggs & Company.
Robert Ashwell, head of the junior ranks, said: “The club haas gone through a lot of changes over the winter, but it is now moving forward at a pace.
“We have always enjoyed success with our juniors. Last season the Under 9s were county champions and the Under 15s won their league. “We also have around 15 boys and girls representing the county in various age groups.”
The club’s juniors have begun outdoor Friday training sessions which run between 4.30pm and 6pm for children aged six to nine and 6.15pm to 8pm for those aged between 10 and 15.
You may also want to watch:
Giggs & Company boss Matt Giggs said: “We are very happy to sponsor the juniors.
“I was brought up just around the corner and having moved the business to Eaton Socon, it was a great idea to get involved.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 9 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
“I have a passion for cricket and am excited by this project.”