CRICKET: First success for Hunts Under 13s as they see off Hertfordshire
- Credit: Archant
Hunts Under 13s claimed their first win of the season yesterday following a successful run-chase against Hertfordshire at Watford.
Three wickets in an over from leg-spinner Alex Spragg and 3-35 from skipper Ethan Rice restricted Herts to 186 all out after a first-wicket stand of 86.
Opener Charlie Fytche (33) led the Hunts reply with Rice (28) and Connor Redpath (21) helping to a four-wicket triumph.
Hunts had also looked on course for victory in their previous outing against neighbours Cambridgeshire, but were undone by a late collapse.
They were eventually beaten by 58 runs when dismissed for 147 in pursuit of the visitors’ offering of 205-4 at Huntingdon & District CC.
You may also want to watch:
Hunts opener Sam Jarvis carried his bat for 74no as their final five wickets fell for the addition of just two runs.
- 1 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 2 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 8 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
Hunts Under 13s 188-6 (Charlie Fytche 33, Ethan Rice 28, Connor Redpath 21) beat Hertfordshire Under 13s 186 (Alex Spragg 3-30, Ethan Rice 3-35, Matthew Mills 2-16) by 4 wkts.
Hunts Under 13s 147 (Sam Jarvis 74no, Joshua Upton 26) lost to Cambridgeshire Under 13s 205-4 (Oliver Beasley 2-12, Sam Jarvis 2-36) by 58 runs.
Hunts Under 13s 126 (Alex Spragg 27, Joshua Upton 22) lost to Bedfordshire Under 13s 219 (Jairus Charles 3-49) by 93 runs.
Hunts Under 13s 123-6 (Sam Jarvis 39, Jairus Charles 32) lost to Lincolnshire Under 13s 127-0 by 10 wickets.