CRICKET: First success for Hunts Under 13s as they see off Hertfordshire
- Credit: Archant
Hunts Under 13s claimed their first win of the season yesterday following a successful run-chase against Hertfordshire at Watford.
Three wickets in an over from leg-spinner Alex Spragg and 3-35 from skipper Ethan Rice restricted Herts to 186 all out after a first-wicket stand of 86.
Opener Charlie Fytche (33) led the Hunts reply with Rice (28) and Connor Redpath (21) helping to a four-wicket triumph.
Hunts had also looked on course for victory in their previous outing against neighbours Cambridgeshire, but were undone by a late collapse.
They were eventually beaten by 58 runs when dismissed for 147 in pursuit of the visitors’ offering of 205-4 at Huntingdon & District CC.
Hunts opener Sam Jarvis carried his bat for 74no as their final five wickets fell for the addition of just two runs.
- 1 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 2 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 3 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 4 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 5 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 6 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
- 7 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 8 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 9 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 10 Silent protest at Camp Beagle as vans leave the site
Hunts Under 13s 188-6 (Charlie Fytche 33, Ethan Rice 28, Connor Redpath 21) beat Hertfordshire Under 13s 186 (Alex Spragg 3-30, Ethan Rice 3-35, Matthew Mills 2-16) by 4 wkts.
Hunts Under 13s 147 (Sam Jarvis 74no, Joshua Upton 26) lost to Cambridgeshire Under 13s 205-4 (Oliver Beasley 2-12, Sam Jarvis 2-36) by 58 runs.
Hunts Under 13s 126 (Alex Spragg 27, Joshua Upton 22) lost to Bedfordshire Under 13s 219 (Jairus Charles 3-49) by 93 runs.
Hunts Under 13s 123-6 (Sam Jarvis 39, Jairus Charles 32) lost to Lincolnshire Under 13s 127-0 by 10 wickets.