Speed King Owen in record double
- Credit: Archant
Sprint star Owen King has become the fastest 16 year-old in the 48-year history of Hunts AC.
Rocket-heeled King broke the club two records when competing in the National Under 17 Men’s Championships at Bedford.
King finished fifth in the 100m final with a time of 11.02 which bettered Gian Zicchi’s nine year-old club mark in the age group.
And he followed that up by delivering a new best in the 200m with his 22.24 time eclipsed the previous Hunts record for the age group which was set by Adam Charlton 15 years ago.
Jasmine Hope claimed four Hunts AC records with one run at an internal club meet.
You may also want to watch:
She beat her own Under 15 Girls and Under 17 Women records with a time of 20.1 over 150m which was also good enough to equal Lily Seach’s top mark for Under 20 and Senior Women.
Jo Abel sliced three seconds of the Veteran Women’s best for the same distance with 23.7.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 5 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 8 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 9 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester