Spartans sign off in stunning style
- Credit: Archant
Brampton Spartans Red Under 17s waved a glorious goodbye by lifting a trophy in their final match.
The local lads claimed a 4-1 extra-time success over previously unbeaten and higher-level opponents Comberton Crusaders in the recent Cambridge & District Colts League Knockout Cup.
Dougie Reynolds fired Brampton ahead in the first half and their goal led a charmed life with the woodwork coming to their rescue on several occasions to preserve the advantage.
Comberton did eventually level and Brampton were reliant on a fine save from goalkeeper Alex Connor to ensure the game went into an additional half-an-hour.
Once there the Spartans took command.
You may also want to watch:
Ellis Ogle restored their advantage with a classy free-kick before Harry Cotton ghosted in to grab a third goal after being picked out by a corner.
Further gloss was applied to the scoreline in the final minute as Ogle converted from the spot.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 3 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 4 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 5 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 10 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity