ATHLETICS: Hunts AC sprint star strikes gold with record-breaking showings
- Credit: Archant
Hunts AC star Julian Priest sprinted to a notable success last Sunday – and set three new club records in the process.
Priest took the 200m honours at the South of England Under 20 Championships at Lee Valley.
His 22.55 effort in the heats, his 22.31 time in the semi-final and 22.28 display in the final all better the previous club Under 20 Men's indoor record of 23.21.
Priest's exploits also launched him into the top 10 of the national rankings.
Joey Croft came close to breaking a long-standing Hunts AC record with another fine display on the other side of the Atlantic.
Croft clocked an excellent 8.29.17 when winning the 3,000m at the McNeese University Indoor Meet in Louisiana last Friday.
He triumphed by six seconds from his closest rival, lowered his personal best by nine seconds and came within three-tenths of a second of the Hunts AC mark for the event which has belonged to Ian Gartside since 1971.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Missing woman back home
- 3 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 4 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 5 Read the fascinating history of The Old Bridge Hotel
- 6 New bus service launched to serve Hunts villages
- 7 Man who died on A1 at Sawtry is named
- 8 Jail for Huntingdon man who threatened to kill woman
- 9 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 10 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told