Cricket: Solid performance for Eaton Socon youngsters in cup final
- Credit: ESCC
The Eaton Socon Cricket Club's production line of youngsters produced a professional performance last Monday against Newborough in the Under 15s county cup final.
Bowling first, they reduced Newborough to 91-7 off 20 overs and Rhys Hicks and Connor Woodward with two wickets .
ESCC opening pair put on a solid 70-run opening stand and captain Luke Ashwell (42) and Noah Smith (28) made it a seven-wicket win with eight overs to spare.
ESCC maintained top spot in the Cambs & Hunts Premier League after a win on Saturday.
Winning the toss, they bowled on a cloudy humid Saturday, but soon had Foxton In trouble. 16 year old Ethan Rice was the star of the show with 6-23 and new ball partner Dawborn 3-16.
ESCC knocked off the runs two down for a 1-30pm finish .
They take on Ramsey this Saturday at Home and face Flitwick on Friday in the Heritage Final at Potton CC .
Second team made it three wins in a row as they defended 104 at Burwell .
Foxton 44/10 (16.4 ov)
E Rice 6/23
J Dawborn 3/16
A Newman 0/1
ESCC 45/2 (15.2 ov)
J Vale 22* (47)
J Carpenter 17* (38)
M Daniels 2/13
- 1 Seven of the prettiest villages in Huntingdonshire
- 2 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 3 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 4 Strictly's Anton and Giovanni dazzle in sensational return to live theatre
- 5 'People are angry' - hundreds protest outside Camp Beagle
- 6 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 7 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 8 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 9 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 10 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life