Smith aiming to show off his skills
- Credit: Archant
St Ives fighter Bradley Smith has promised to showcase his skills when he steps into the ring for his second professional fight this Saturday night.
The 18 year-old lightweight faces Northern Irish opponent Alec Bazza at the York Hall in Bethnal Green, London – the same venue where he successfully started his pro career with a point verdict over Bulgarian scrapper Ivailo Boyanov back in July.
But Smith openly admits his gameplan went out of the window in that debut fight and he doesn’t want a similar scenario again against Bazza, who has been beaten in 10 of his 11 outings.
Now trained by Steve Whitwell at St Ives Boxing Academy, Smith said: “As soon as I got in the ring and took a punch in my first fight, I lost my head.
“I was so desperate to get the knockout on my debut, but I didn’t really go about it the right way.
You may also want to watch:
“This time it is about showing everyone I can box. I want to be more disciplined, more composed and showcase my skills.”
Smith will be cheered on by more than 100 local fight fans who are making the trip to the capital.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 3 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 7 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'