Slick Eynesbury complete Chenecks double to go top
UCL Division One: ON CHENECKS 0-2 EYNESBURY ROVERS UNBEATEN Eynesbury Rovers clocked up another win and leapt to the top of the table by completing a double over ON Chenecks. David Fisk slotted home to get Rovers on their way after 19 minutes, and Ian Daw
UCL Division One: ON CHENECKS 0-2 EYNESBURY ROVERS
UNBEATEN Eynesbury Rovers clocked up another win and leapt to the top of the table by completing a double over ON Chenecks.
David Fisk slotted home to get Rovers on their way after 19 minutes, and Ian Dawkes added the second just before the hour mark.
Manager Matt Plumb urged his team to keep their expectations in check despite their strong start.
He said: "I'm happy with the squad I've got together here, but the next month will be the real test for us. We have some tough games coming up over the next few weeks, and we will know where we stand after we've come through them.
Rovers started confidently on Saturday, sending early chances wide, before Justin McKenzie passed up a chance to put Chenecks ahead.
- 1 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 2 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 3 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 4 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 5 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 7 Public meeting to discuss Luton aircraft stacking system
- 8 Plans to demolish barn and create organic food business
- 9 Philip Pope named mayor of St Ives for a second time
- 10 St Neots business raises £2700 for Ukrainians in Huntingdonshire
Eynesbury made the breakthrough when Adam Boothby fed Dawkes, whose cutback was finished by Fisk.
Rovers went on to dominate the first half as first Boothby headed a Joe Jordan cross wide of goal before Dan Woodhead was denied by the home goalkeeper.
The Chenecks defense and midfield tightened up after the break but they failed to prevent Rovers second strike just before the hour mark.
Fisk's pass found Barry Albone inside the penalty area and he squared the ball for Ian Dawkes to score from close range.
The loss of Adam Robson and Scott Kingsbury to injury failed to disrupt the Rovers machine as they returned with the points.
n Rovers are in action in the First Round proper of the FA Vase at Ely on Saturday. They are running a coach for supporters departing 12.30pm from the ground.