Slick Eynesbury complete Chenecks double to go top
UCL Division One: ON CHENECKS 0-2 EYNESBURY ROVERS UNBEATEN Eynesbury Rovers clocked up another win and leapt to the top of the table by completing a double over ON Chenecks. David Fisk slotted home to get Rovers on their way after 19 minutes, and Ian Daw
UCL Division One: ON CHENECKS 0-2 EYNESBURY ROVERS
UNBEATEN Eynesbury Rovers clocked up another win and leapt to the top of the table by completing a double over ON Chenecks.
David Fisk slotted home to get Rovers on their way after 19 minutes, and Ian Dawkes added the second just before the hour mark.
Manager Matt Plumb urged his team to keep their expectations in check despite their strong start.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "I'm happy with the squad I've got together here, but the next month will be the real test for us. We have some tough games coming up over the next few weeks, and we will know where we stand after we've come through them.
Rovers started confidently on Saturday, sending early chances wide, before Justin McKenzie passed up a chance to put Chenecks ahead.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 4 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 5 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 6 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 7 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 8 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 9 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
Eynesbury made the breakthrough when Adam Boothby fed Dawkes, whose cutback was finished by Fisk.
Rovers went on to dominate the first half as first Boothby headed a Joe Jordan cross wide of goal before Dan Woodhead was denied by the home goalkeeper.
The Chenecks defense and midfield tightened up after the break but they failed to prevent Rovers second strike just before the hour mark.
Fisk's pass found Barry Albone inside the penalty area and he squared the ball for Ian Dawkes to score from close range.
The loss of Adam Robson and Scott Kingsbury to injury failed to disrupt the Rovers machine as they returned with the points.
n Rovers are in action in the First Round proper of the FA Vase at Ely on Saturday. They are running a coach for supporters departing 12.30pm from the ground.