HOCKEY: Skidmore and Davies at the double as Huntingdon side claim first win
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdon 1sts picked up a first win of the East Women’s League season in their first home fixture.
They opened their Division Three North-West account with a 5-0 victory against newly-promoted Bourne Deeping 2nds.
A new formation worked superbly for the local side as Emily Skidmore's opened was followed by a second goal from Cora Davies as she deflected in a well-struck short corner by Scotland Masters international Pam Begg.
Skidmore struck again to stretch the lead before half-time and Huntingdon continued to go on the attack in the second period when they were rewarded with two more goals.
Skipper Davies followed the lead of Skidmore by completing her brace before Rebecca Ball got in on the act when providing the perfect finish to an exquisite passing move.
You may also want to watch:
There was double delight for Huntingdon as their 2nds also tasted victory last Saturday.
They continued a perfect start in Division Five North-West (South) with a 2-1 derby triumph at St Neots 4ths.
- 1 Police move in to close house after reports of anti-social behaviour
- 2 New garden village on outskirts of St Neots will bring 10,000 homes
- 3 Man named following fatal collision near Bluntisham
- 4 Jail for man who stole more than £25,000 from company
- 5 Vaccine centres offering earlier second dose AstraZeneca
- 6 Schoolgirl cuts her hair so friend can have a wig
- 7 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 8 Almost 100 'sexual and violent crimes' recorded in two of our towns in one month
- 9 Mum's donation to thank 'incredible' midwives and maternity staff
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
All of the goals arrived in the second half with Zoe Skinner striking twice for the Huntingdon side in quick succession before the hosts claimed a consolation.
Skinner shared the player-of-the-match accolade with Hannah Stephenson.