HOCKEY: Skidmore and Davies at the double as Huntingdon side claim first win
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdon 1sts picked up a first win of the East Women’s League season in their first home fixture.
They opened their Division Three North-West account with a 5-0 victory against newly-promoted Bourne Deeping 2nds.
A new formation worked superbly for the local side as Emily Skidmore's opened was followed by a second goal from Cora Davies as she deflected in a well-struck short corner by Scotland Masters international Pam Begg.
Skidmore struck again to stretch the lead before half-time and Huntingdon continued to go on the attack in the second period when they were rewarded with two more goals.
Skipper Davies followed the lead of Skidmore by completing her brace before Rebecca Ball got in on the act when providing the perfect finish to an exquisite passing move.
You may also want to watch:
There was double delight for Huntingdon as their 2nds also tasted victory last Saturday.
They continued a perfect start in Division Five North-West (South) with a 2-1 derby triumph at St Neots 4ths.
- 1 'Armed police' swarm St Ives road in 'ongoing incident'
- 2 'She would help anyone' - Tributes to much-loved Tegan Luff
- 3 Man suspected of carrying knife 'in the street' is arrested in St Ives
- 4 Prison for 'violent' blackmailers who told victim 'we'll stab you'
- 5 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 6 The Windmill pub is set to reopen after extensive refurbishment
- 7 Here are your 'at a glance' lockdown changes from today (May 17)
- 8 Hunts youngsters simply enjoying playing cricket again
- 9 Paedophile foiled by undercover officer
- 10 Milestones and PBs for Riverside Runners as actual races make comeback
All of the goals arrived in the second half with Zoe Skinner striking twice for the Huntingdon side in quick succession before the hosts claimed a consolation.
Skinner shared the player-of-the-match accolade with Hannah Stephenson.