Sixth places for Hunts AC talents in English Schools’ events
- Credit: Archant
Three Hunts AC members have been competing on the national stage in the English Schools’ Championships.
Shannon Flockart, Joey Cox and Charlie Batterbee all represented Cambridgeshire at the annual event in Gateshead.
Flockhart (14), who had taken Cambridgeshire and Anglian honours earlier this summer, took sixth place in the Junior Girls 1,500m final after winning her heat.
She also broke her own Hunts AC club record in the process with a final time of 4:42.04.
Croft (16) also claimed a fine sixth-placed finish as he competed in the Intermediate Boys 3,000, crossing the line in 9:05.73
You may also want to watch:
Batterbee (17) bowed out in early stages of the Senior Girls hammer. Her best effort of 36.03m earned 12th place in her qualifying pool.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 5 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 6 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 7 Huntingdon assistant land buyer wins graduate award from her peers
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 10 How well do you know Huntingdon?