WOMEN’S RUGBY: St Neots Ladies rack up six tries in success against Stockwood Park
- Credit: Archant
St Neots Ladies tasted success with a six-try Sunday showing.
The locals beat Stockwood Park 36-17 in Women's South East Division Two East.
Skipper Beth Robinson's opening try was cancelled out before Emily Miller touched down and converted to restore the advantage.
Once again it proved to be short-lived with Stockwood Park replying to level early in the second half, but Saints then took command.
A quickly-taken penalty paved the way for Sammie Mason to dart over the line with Miller again adding the extras.
You may also want to watch:
And her boot was just as reliable again within minutes as Saints struck again when Robyn Hopwell carried the ball over the line.
And it wasn't long before Kirsty Wilson got in on the act by picking a hole in the Stockwood Park defence and racing in for a fine solo try.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 4 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 5 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 10 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
Charlotte McGinley then claimed her first try in Saints' colours after spotting a gap at the side of a ruck to complete an impressive performance before Stockwood claimed a late consolation try.
Forward of the match went to McGinley, back of the match to Mason, and coach's player was awarded to Faye Holton.