Six sixes in an over and two tons in 24 hours for big-hitting Ramsey batsman Blake Mills
- Credit: Archant
Australian powerhouse Blake Mills achieved a mighty cricketing feat last Sunday – smashing six sixes in one over.
The big-hitting overseas ace took a shine to the bowling of James Fordham in a Rutland League Division Four clash against Peterborough side Orton Park.
Mills’ magnificent over arrived during an innings of 159 which was constructed from just 57 balls.
He hit 15 sixes in all and also clobbered a dozen fours before being run out, but still provided well over half of his team’s total score of 245-8.
And, to rub salt into the wounds, Mills took the wicket of Fordham as Ramsey completed a 26-run victory by restricting Orton Park to 219-7 in reply.
It was a second century in the space of 24 hours for Mills, who had helped put Ramsey 2nds’ title challenge back on track in Hunts League Division One the previous day.
He hit 111 in that game as his side claimed a 15-run victory to move level with leaders Burghley Park.
- 1 Police dog helped find drugs and knife in Ramsey
- 2 New Toolstation branch to open in Huntingdon
- 3 Small community café in St Neots "just hanging on"
- 4 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 5 Great honour for two men awarded the freedom of Huntingdon
- 6 Come and see Huntingdon's Beacon lighting ceremony for the Jubilee
- 7 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 8 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 9 Pupils enjoy early jubilee celebration with all things royal
- 10 Bosses warn of 'choppy waters' ahead for health trust
Mills was not the only Ramsey centurion against Ickwell as Matthew Slack amassed 120 in a total of 294 before they removed their hosts for 279.