Six of the best for St Neots Town - four unbeaten for St Ives Town
- Credit: James Ager
St Neots Town powered to their biggest-ever Southern League away success last night.
David Batch’s men blew away newly-promoted Bedworth United 6-0 in a Premier Division clash – and, for the second successive Tuesday, they encountered opponents reduced to nine men.
Ryan Hawkins earned and missed a penalty before Tom Meechan fired St Neots ahead midway through the first half.
Tom Ward doubled their advantage when heading in a Jack Wilkinson cross before Lee Clarke successfully converted a second penalty.
Debutant Isaac Galliford – one of two youngsters drafted in on loan from Luton Town – laid on a fourth goal for Connor Hall before the break with Bedworth already having seen Mark Albrighton dismissed for a stamp.
You may also want to watch:
St Neots refused to take their feet off the gas with two further goals arriving in as many minutes early in the second half.
Substitute Guy Mailancol, a former Huntingdon player, announced his interval arrival from the bench with his first goal for St Neots before Meechan completed the six-goal haul with his sixth of the campaign. Hosts Bedworth collected a second red card when Nathan Haines received his marching orders with 20 minutes to go.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 3 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 4 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 7 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
St Ives Town stretched their unbeaten start to the Southern League Division One (Central) season to four matches with a smooth away success last night.
Striker Danny Watson returned to haunt former club Leighton Town with two goals as the Saints triumphed 4-1.
The victory also featured another spectacular strike from Jack Higgs and a first for the club from Chae Simons.
St Neots Town Saints suffered a third successive United Counties League Division One defeat when going down 3-1 to Raunds. Sam Harty hit their goal and Dan Hobbs missed a penalty.