Six of the best as St Ives Town storm to success, but it’s far from seventh heaven for Huntingdon
- Credit: Archant
St Ives Town roared to FA Cup replay glory last night.
Ricky Marheineke’s side slammed Norwich United 6-2 to power through their preliminary round tie at the second time of asking.
They fell behind early on at Plantation Park, but two Stuart Eason goals, a Phil Draycott effort and an own goal had them in command by the break.
Striker Danny Watson - who had been needlessly sent off when the sides battled out a 1-1 draw at ProEdge Westwood Road last Friday night - and substitute Joe Peacock added further goals in the second period before their hosts hit a consolation.
Saints’ reward is a trip to Welwyn Garden City in the first qualifying round on September 12. St Neots Town enter the competition at that stage and travel to Tilbury.
There was more misery for Huntingdon Town last night in the United Counties League Premier Division.
They crashed to a 7-0 loss at the hands of AFC Kempston Rovers at Jubilee Park.
- 1 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 2 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 3 80th birthday celebrations for the East's longest-serving lollipop lady
- 4 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 5 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 6 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 7 Huge Victorian house with pool and gym on sale for £1.75m
- 8 Councillors vote to continue school transport for special needs schools
- 9 Judge makes contempt of court ruling against Camp Beagle protesters
- 10 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Cambridgeshire
It was a sixth successive league defeat for Town this season. They have leaked 22 goals in their last three games.