Six of the best as St Ives Town storm to success, but it’s far from seventh heaven for Huntingdon
- Credit: Archant
St Ives Town roared to FA Cup replay glory last night.
Ricky Marheineke’s side slammed Norwich United 6-2 to power through their preliminary round tie at the second time of asking.
They fell behind early on at Plantation Park, but two Stuart Eason goals, a Phil Draycott effort and an own goal had them in command by the break.
Striker Danny Watson - who had been needlessly sent off when the sides battled out a 1-1 draw at ProEdge Westwood Road last Friday night - and substitute Joe Peacock added further goals in the second period before their hosts hit a consolation.
Saints’ reward is a trip to Welwyn Garden City in the first qualifying round on September 12. St Neots Town enter the competition at that stage and travel to Tilbury.
You may also want to watch:
There was more misery for Huntingdon Town last night in the United Counties League Premier Division.
They crashed to a 7-0 loss at the hands of AFC Kempston Rovers at Jubilee Park.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 6 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
It was a sixth successive league defeat for Town this season. They have leaked 22 goals in their last three games.