Simon’s first podium finish at Mallory Park
ST NEOTS racing car driver Simon Green claimed his first ever podium finish in the eighth round of the Ford Saloon Car Championship on Sunday. A disappointing qualifying session at Leicestershire s Mallory Park circuit saw the St Neots man start fifth on
ST NEOTS racing car driver Simon Green claimed his first ever podium finish in the eighth round of the Ford Saloon Car Championship on Sunday.
A disappointing qualifying session at Leicestershire's Mallory Park circuit saw the St Neots man start fifth on the grid in his Class C MK3 Fiesta.
Green battled his way to third before the race was stopped on the first lap after a car caught fire. After the restart Green battled his way into second before being passed by Phil Taylor on lap 3, dropping him back to third where he remained for the rest of the race.
This was Green's first top three finish in his debut season and his delight was evident. He said: "I was disappointed with my qualifying performance and it seems I am down on power compared to the top cars in my class.
You may also want to watch:
"The race went brilliantly though and I've got the car stopping and handling how I like. Now I've got two weeks before the next meet to get even in power terms with the other guys.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k