Silver medal success as Huntingdon Gymnastics talent Ryan Cirino shines at the British Under 12 Championships
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdon Gymnastics Club youngster Ryan Cirino claimed a silver medal at the British Under 12 Championships in Glasgow last weekend.
The 11 year-old starred on the horizontal bar, completing his routine with a double somersault, at an event which showcased the best young talent in the UK.
Cirino competed well across six pieces of apparatus in all to take 14th in the all-around competition
The club was also well represented by Kieron Burch, who finished 17th all around, as well as Niall Hooton, Josh Papworth, and Bradley Cooper, who put performed steadily across the disciplines.
Christian Norman was 19th at Under 14 level.
You may also want to watch:
A host of Huntingdon Gymnastics Club youngsters and double Olympian Louis Smith are in action this weekend at the English Championships being staged at Loughborough University.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 5 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 10 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?