Horncastle 2 St Ives II 0 SAINTS paid the price for a slow start to the game, conceding two goals inside 15 minutes. The visitors clawed their way back into the game but the closest they came to reducing the deficit was when Barry Wickson s penalty corner
Horncastle 2 St Ives II 0
SAINTS paid the price for a slow start to the game, conceding two goals inside 15 minutes. The visitors clawed their way back into the game but the closest they came to reducing the deficit was when Barry Wickson's penalty corner struck a post. Saints forced a succession of short corners but could find no way through and were indebted to debut-making goalkeeper Shayne Paterson for keeping down the score.
St Ives III 0
Wisbech Town II 4
You may also want to watch:
THE scoreline does not show the true nature of this hard-fought encounter between two high-flying sides. Two goals before half-time put paid to the home side's promising start and the performance was punctuated by some sloppy mistakes throughout the team. A half-time reshuffle shored up the Saints defence but Wisbech hit twice on the break to secure the win.
Meanwhile, Saints IV lost out 6-1 at home to Newmarket. Saints substitute Richard Corbett converted Ian Chitty's cross for the last-minute consolation goal.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
St Neots III 3
Market Deeping II 0
SAINTS ended their run of two defeats with a brisk display of possession hockey. Martin Newsom opened the scoring with a scrambled goal while centre-backs Nigel Buckingham-Jones and Jonathan Percival bossed the back line effectively.
Veteran Steve Moore turned in a Guy Newsom cross and Martin Newsom completed the scoring after good work from Kieran Williams and Dave Griffiths.