Seymour-Shove sees red as St Ives Town slip up
- Credit: Archant
Furious manager Ricky Marheineke accused winger Ben Seymour-Shove of letting St Ives Town down after being sent off today.
Seymour-Shove saw red after just 27 minutes of a 2-0 defeat at bottom side Petersfield in the Southern League Division One (Central) for a two-footed challenge.
Saints then conceded twice in the second period to slip to just a second league loss of the campaign - one which saw them slide to fourth in the table.
They were actually down to nine men when falling behind on 53 minutes as Scott Sinclair was being treated for an injury which forced him out of the action. The second Petersfield goal followed on 68 minutes.
Marheineke said: “Ben has let himself, his team-mates and let the club down by picking up a petulant and stupid red card.
You may also want to watch:
“Even up until that point we had not been good enough and we got exactly what we deserved from the game - nothing.
“I’m disappointed with our performance and the only real positive I can take is the performance of Jared Cunniff when he came on.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 6 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
“Some of our other players could do with taking his attitude into their own games.”