ATHLETICS: Bowers bags British Masters Championships gold - and fellow Hunts AC stars are among the medals
- Credit: Archant
Phil Bowers enjoyed a dramatic success at the British Masters Championships last weekend.
The Hunts AC man leaped to 5.26m in the final jump of the competition to claim M50 long jump gold.
Bowers also added two further medals to his collection. He took silver with a 10.53m effort in the M50 triple jump and cleared 1.50m for bronze in the M50 high jump.
Plenty of his clubmates also starred at the event in Birmingham.
Richard Phelan was runner-up in the long jump (4.76m) and pole vault (3.10m) in the M55 category while Bob Ellingham bagged silver by sending the hammer out to 40.82m at M50 level.
Sandra Pedley was another silver medallist as she cleared 1.90m in the W50 pole vault while Jo Abel was pipped to victory in the final round of the W45 long jump after flying out to 4.63m.
Geoff Brewster got in on the medal-winning act with bronze in the M60 2,000m steeplechase in a time of 8.33.50.
- 1 Police dog helped find drugs and knife in Ramsey
- 2 New Toolstation branch to open in Huntingdon
- 3 Small community café in St Neots "just hanging on"
- 4 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 5 Great honour for two men awarded the freedom of Huntingdon
- 6 Come and see Huntingdon's Beacon lighting ceremony for the Jubilee
- 7 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 8 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 9 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 10 Pupils enjoy early jubilee celebration with all things royal
Rising Hunts AC star Joe Purbrick won bronze in the Under 15 Boys’ 80m hurdles at the England Athletics Under 15/Under 17 Championships in Bedford in a time of 11.31.