ATHLETICS: Bowers bags British Masters Championships gold - and fellow Hunts AC stars are among the medals
- Credit: Archant
Phil Bowers enjoyed a dramatic success at the British Masters Championships last weekend.
The Hunts AC man leaped to 5.26m in the final jump of the competition to claim M50 long jump gold.
Bowers also added two further medals to his collection. He took silver with a 10.53m effort in the M50 triple jump and cleared 1.50m for bronze in the M50 high jump.
Plenty of his clubmates also starred at the event in Birmingham.
Richard Phelan was runner-up in the long jump (4.76m) and pole vault (3.10m) in the M55 category while Bob Ellingham bagged silver by sending the hammer out to 40.82m at M50 level.
You may also want to watch:
Sandra Pedley was another silver medallist as she cleared 1.90m in the W50 pole vault while Jo Abel was pipped to victory in the final round of the W45 long jump after flying out to 4.63m.
Geoff Brewster got in on the medal-winning act with bronze in the M60 2,000m steeplechase in a time of 8.33.50.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 3 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 4 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 5 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 6 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 9 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 10 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
Rising Hunts AC star Joe Purbrick won bronze in the Under 15 Boys’ 80m hurdles at the England Athletics Under 15/Under 17 Championships in Bedford in a time of 11.31.