Semi-final exit for Charlotte Edwards and England at the Women’s World Twenty20
- Credit: Archant
Captain Charlotte Edwards and her England Ladies team fell just short in their bid to reach the final of the Women’s World Twenty20 today.
England went down by five runs in Delhi as they collapsed to 127-7 in reply to opponents’ Australia’s effort of 132-6.
Skipper Edwards, from Pidley, hit 31 for England who had eased to 67-1 at the halfway stage of their innings, but she admitted her team couldn’t see the job through as they gave away a host of soft wickets.
Edwards said: “We are two teams who know a lot about each other and there are no secrets.
“The difference is probably the fact that Australia held their nerve whereas we didn’t.”
You may also want to watch:
England had won all four Group B games at the tournament in India before falling in the last four.
Australia advance to a final against either New Zealand or the West Indies on Sunday.
- 1 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 5 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 6 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder