Club of The Week: Grafham Water Sailing Club
- Credit: GRAFHAM WATER SAILING CLUB
Name of the Club: Grafham Water Sailing Club.
What Do We Do: All forms of water sports including dinghy and catamaran sailing, windsurfing, paddleboarding and model yacht racing. The club is open to everyone - women, men, children and families. The club holds social sailing sessions on Tuesdays and Saturdays and racing on Wednesday evenings and Sundays. The club has had good success in helping sailors progress to the highest levels of the sport, including Olympic sailors, and is home to the Grafham Grand Prix regatta, now in its 40th year.
Where Do They Meet: Grafham Water Reservoir, Chichester Way, Perry, PE28 0BU.
Who Can Join: The club welcomes new members and has a training school offering courses in sailing, windsurfing and powerboating. They run regular club competitions and social events, and welcome contributions from all members in the running of the club.
How Do You Get Involved: Contact the club office on: 01480 810478, visit the website at: www.grafham.org or follow them on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pg/grafhamwatersc
You may also want to watch:
INFO: If you would like your club to feature in Club of the Week, send and email to: email@example.com.
- 1 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 2 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 3 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 4 Who is in the running for police and crime commissioner in Cambs
- 5 Ten motorists charged with drink driving over Bank Holiday weekend
- 6 Family-run business with expanding reputation
- 7 St Neots has elected its new mayor and deputy mayor
- 8 'Keeping things simple' is key to business success for St Neots firm
- 9 Election Special: Who's standing where in Huntingdonshire
- 10 Over 300 runners lace up their boots for virtual event in St Neots