Second successive hat-trick for Hall as Godmanchester rout another set of Rovers
- Credit: Archant
James Hall continued his sensational return to Godmanchester Rovers on Saturday by hitting a hat-trick for the second successive Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division game.
The free-scoring forward hit a treble as they slammed previously unbeaten Stanway Rovers 6-1 at the David Wilson Homes Ground. It arrived just 10 days after a previous hat-trick in an 8-0 drubbing of Thetford.
Substitute Luke Seaber-Shinn (2) and Ben Yeomans were the other scorers on Saturday.
St Ives Town extended their unbeaten start to the Southern League Division One (Central) season on Saturday thanks to another spectacular strike.
Ricky Marheineke’s men have developed a penchant for high-class goals in the early weeks of the new campaign and Jordan Jarrold’s effort to earn a 1-0 success at Egham certainly fitted that bill.
You may also want to watch:
Saints are yet to taste defeat in five games this term and could go top of the table if extending that run at home to Royston tomorrow night (Tuesday).
Tom Meechan’s explosive start to his St Neots Town career continued on Saturday as he twice fired his side level to earn a Southern League Premier Division point.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 5 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 6 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 9 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
Meechan took his goal tally to eight in five games since a summer move from Godmanchester Rovers courtesy of a brace of second-half equalisers in a 2-2 draw against newly-promoted Stratford Town at the Premier Plus Stadium.
Matt Bannister hit his first Eynesbury Rovers goals with a double to earn a 2-2 United Counties League Premier Division draw at Harrowby.
Huntingdon saw their seven-month wait for a victory continue when being beaten 2-1 by Kirby Muxloe at Jubilee Park. Neil Godhania halved Town’s arrears with five minutes to go.
St Neots Saints collected their first point of the Division One season, but it was laced with disappointment.
Saints led 3-0 at Oakham United courtesy of a Kevin Osei-Addo brace with followed a George Berkes opener, but they conceded three times in the closing stages to be pegged back.