Second successive hat-trick for Hall as Godmanchester rout another set of Rovers
- Credit: Archant
James Hall continued his sensational return to Godmanchester Rovers on Saturday by hitting a hat-trick for the second successive Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division game.
The free-scoring forward hit a treble as they slammed previously unbeaten Stanway Rovers 6-1 at the David Wilson Homes Ground. It arrived just 10 days after a previous hat-trick in an 8-0 drubbing of Thetford.
Substitute Luke Seaber-Shinn (2) and Ben Yeomans were the other scorers on Saturday.
St Ives Town extended their unbeaten start to the Southern League Division One (Central) season on Saturday thanks to another spectacular strike.
Ricky Marheineke’s men have developed a penchant for high-class goals in the early weeks of the new campaign and Jordan Jarrold’s effort to earn a 1-0 success at Egham certainly fitted that bill.
Saints are yet to taste defeat in five games this term and could go top of the table if extending that run at home to Royston tomorrow night (Tuesday).
Tom Meechan’s explosive start to his St Neots Town career continued on Saturday as he twice fired his side level to earn a Southern League Premier Division point.
- 1 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 2 Judge makes contempt of court ruling against Camp Beagle protesters
- 3 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 4 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 5 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 6 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 7 Jacob Crawshaw memorial football match raises more than £8,100
- 8 Huge Victorian house with pool and gym on sale for £1.75m
- 9 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
Meechan took his goal tally to eight in five games since a summer move from Godmanchester Rovers courtesy of a brace of second-half equalisers in a 2-2 draw against newly-promoted Stratford Town at the Premier Plus Stadium.
Matt Bannister hit his first Eynesbury Rovers goals with a double to earn a 2-2 United Counties League Premier Division draw at Harrowby.
Huntingdon saw their seven-month wait for a victory continue when being beaten 2-1 by Kirby Muxloe at Jubilee Park. Neil Godhania halved Town’s arrears with five minutes to go.
St Neots Saints collected their first point of the Division One season, but it was laced with disappointment.
Saints led 3-0 at Oakham United courtesy of a Kevin Osei-Addo brace with followed a George Berkes opener, but they conceded three times in the closing stages to be pegged back.