Second successive Derbyshire Cup defeat for Hunts bowlers
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdonshire suffered a second successive Derbyshire Cup defeat last weekend.
The local bowlers went down 101-63 against a traditionally strong Lincolnshire side in a Southern Section fixture of the inter-county competition played at Lincoln IBC.
All four Hunts rinks were beaten with the narrowest margin of defeat being five shots for the trio of Richard Stevens.
Steve Farrant (Huntingdon), Barry Stevens (Warboys) & Richard Stevens (Warboys) lost 16-21.
You may also want to watch:
Roger White (Fenstanton), Paul Silk (Huntingdon) & John Hignett (Buckden) lost 17-24.
David Peak (Hemingfords), Malcolm Dudley (Hemingfords) & Steve Baker (Hemingfords) lost 14-24.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 4 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 7 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 8 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 9 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
Trevor Dighton (Godmanchester), Geoff Barlow (St. Ives) & Robert Jepson (St. Ives) lost 16-32.
The series continues as Hunts host North Cambs at Huntingdon IBC this Sunday in their next fixture.
Hunts selected rinks: Bob Welford/Roger White/John Hignett, Gary French/Malcolm Dudley/Paul Silk, Steve Farrant/Lee Swannell/Richard Stevens, Trevor Dighton/Geoff Barlow/Robert Jepson. Reserves: Roy Garnham, Brian Johnson, Barry Stevens, Alan Woolf.