Second successive Derbyshire Cup defeat for Hunts bowlers
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdonshire suffered a second successive Derbyshire Cup defeat last weekend.
The local bowlers went down 101-63 against a traditionally strong Lincolnshire side in a Southern Section fixture of the inter-county competition played at Lincoln IBC.
All four Hunts rinks were beaten with the narrowest margin of defeat being five shots for the trio of Richard Stevens.
Steve Farrant (Huntingdon), Barry Stevens (Warboys) & Richard Stevens (Warboys) lost 16-21.
Roger White (Fenstanton), Paul Silk (Huntingdon) & John Hignett (Buckden) lost 17-24.
David Peak (Hemingfords), Malcolm Dudley (Hemingfords) & Steve Baker (Hemingfords) lost 14-24.
- 1 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 2 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 3 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 4 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 5 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 6 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 7 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 8 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 9 Silent protest at Camp Beagle as vans leave the site
- 10 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
Trevor Dighton (Godmanchester), Geoff Barlow (St. Ives) & Robert Jepson (St. Ives) lost 16-32.
The series continues as Hunts host North Cambs at Huntingdon IBC this Sunday in their next fixture.
Hunts selected rinks: Bob Welford/Roger White/John Hignett, Gary French/Malcolm Dudley/Paul Silk, Steve Farrant/Lee Swannell/Richard Stevens, Trevor Dighton/Geoff Barlow/Robert Jepson. Reserves: Roy Garnham, Brian Johnson, Barry Stevens, Alan Woolf.