SCHOOLS’ FOOTBALL: St Ivo stars aim to play with Pride in the chase for more national trophies
- Credit: Archant
The female footballing stars of St Ivo School have the chance to claim a national double . . . for the second year running.
The school’s Under 13 and Under 14 squads compete in ESFA PlayStation for Schools’ Cup finals at Pride Park – the home of Championship club Derby County – next week.
The Under 13s face the Chesterfield High School, from Merseyside, in their showpiece clash on Monday.
And the Under 14s have to wait until Wednesday to take on Rossett School, from Harrogate, in their final.
And the St Ivo teams are no strangers to success at this level. Both were crowned national champions last season in a younger age group.
You may also want to watch:
Lisa Trigg, girls’ football coach at St Ivo, said: “The national finals give our students an amazing, high-profile opportunity to represent the school whilst showcasing their ability.
“They all have the talent and dedication to once again prove themselves on the national stage and be crowned champions.”
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 5 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 6 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 7 Huntingdon assistant land buyer wins graduate award from her peers
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 10 How well do you know Huntingdon?
The Under 13s have been in blistering form while storming through to the final, scoring 42 times and conceding just three goals in seven matches.
The Under 14s have hit the net 62 times in their eight fixtures en route to another final appearance.
It’s set to be a busy few days for Sasha Brown, Tia Everdell, Ella Hampton, Angel Lyden and Lucy O’Brien in particular as they feature in both squads.
St Ivo School squads
Under 13: Sasha Brown (captain), Megan Bullin, Lia Chambers, Yasmine Chettle, Kellie-Marie Dixon, Macy Driver, Maya Edwards, Tia Everdell, Ella Hampton, Jess Jarah, Angel Lyden, Tia Mangroo, Lucy O’Brien and Megan Scott.
Under 14: Zoe Barratt (captain), Aimee Best, Sasha Brown, Ellen Bullin, Alice Claridge, Maddie Claridge, Lana Dobbie, Poppy Dunmore, Tia Everdell, Ella Hampton, Angel Lyden, Caitlin McGeown, Lucy O’Brien, Abby Townsend, Erin Waterman and Charly Woolstenholmes.