Saturday senior football: Goddy and Huntingdon win but Ives held
Round-up of the weekend’s action involving our other top senior Saturday sides
STRIKER Paul Bass’s late brace fired Godmanchester Rovers to a 4-1 home win over Swaffham Town in Ridgeons League Division One on Saturday.
James Hall was also on target twice for 10th-placed Goddy who are due back in action tomorrow (Wednesday) at Saffron Walden Town, before hosting Thetford Town on Saturday.
Ten-man St Ives were held to a 2-2 draw at Desborough in the United Counties League Premier Division on Saturday.
Liam Read and Scott Fielding found the net, although the visitors did have Barry Albone sent off.
You may also want to watch:
The draw came four days after their 2-0 midweek reverse at Long Buckby. This weekend Ives, 13th in the table, are without a league fixture but are due to host Daventry United tonight (Tuesday).
In Division One, rejuvenated Huntingdon Town made it back-to-back wins as goals from Mark Ling and Joe Furness guided them to a 2-1 win on the road at basement boys Buckingham Town.
- 1 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 10 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives