Saints target wide man
Greene expresses his disappointment after Jordan Spruce rejects St Neots move
ST NEOTS TOWN boss Dennis Greene is still looking to add at least one more player to his squad before the start of pre-season.
Saints need to add after midfielder Jordan Spruce, the player they announced they had agreed to sign a fortnight ago, opted to stay with Blue Square Bet North outfit Corby Town, after getting an improved offer.
Greene said: “He said he’d sign for me and then, five days later, I got a text saying he’d decided to stay at Corby. “Presumably it’s because they offered him more money, but we have a limit that we go to and I wasn’t going to go any further.
“The problem we had is that, until we get the forms through from the league, players can still go elsewhere until they sign.
You may also want to watch:
“Although, when a player gives you his word, you do expect them to stick to it. It is disappointing, but we move on to the next target.
“I’m looking to sign a wide player as cover for Dan Jacob, who will be our third striker next season.”
- 1 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 5 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 6 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder