Saints stage fightback to extend winning run
ST IVES continued their great run in the UCL Premier on Tuesday night against Wellingborough Town 2004.
Wellingborough Town 2004 2-3 St Ives Town
ST Ives continued their great run in the United Counties League Premier Division on Tuesday night when they beat Wellingborough Town 2004 3-2.
This was their fifth win on the trot but once again they made it hard for themselves, having to come from behind after going 2-0 down in the first half.
Wellingborough’s Dan Surridge lobbed Saints goalkeeper Niall Conroy-Owen from 40 yards to open the scoring on just seven minutes, before Conroy-Owen let a speculative Phil Cassidy shot beat him six minutes later to make it 2-0.
You may also want to watch:
Conor Washington and Grant Robbins both had chances for the Saints as James Hall pulled the strings, before Aaron Last found the net just before half time.
In the second half St Ives were on top with Washington equalising on 56 minutes and Hall going close in the 70th. Scott Fielding scored their late winner in the 87th minute with a delightful lob.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 4 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 5 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 6 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 7 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
The Saints now face Deeping Rangers at home on Saturday.