Saints reeling as Cotton ends hope
UCL Premier Division Blackstones 4 St Neots Town 1 A VIRTUOSO performance from Blackstones youngster Dan Cotton left St Neots reeling and subjected manager Scott Houghton to his first league defeat. The home side took the lead after 18 minutes when Cotton
UCL Premier Division
Blackstones 4 St Neots Town 1
A VIRTUOSO performance from Blackstones youngster Dan Cotton left St Neots reeling and subjected manager Scott Houghton to his first league defeat.
The home side took the lead after 18 minutes when Cotton whipped a corner directly into the Saints net and added a second 10 minutes later from a free kick.
Michael McKenzie gave St Neots hope with a penalty on 39 minutes after Barrington Belgrave was fouled but Cotton completed his hat-trick on 51 minutes.
Cotton, who recently rejoined Blackstones from Boston United, completed the scoring with his fourth of the day from the penalty spot on 77 minutes.
- 1 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 2 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 3 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 4 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 5 Public meeting to discuss Luton aircraft stacking system
- 6 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 9 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
- 10 'We must urgently plan to produce more food'
Houghton said: "We were a bit unfortunate to catch the lad [Cotton] on a day when he was the difference between the sides.
"Four-one wasn't a fair reflection and the back four actually played quite well despite the defeat so we're not too downhearted with the result."
* St Neots welcome Buckingham Town to Rowley Park on Saturday for a league fixture.