Saints fire too many blanks
UCL Premier Division St Ives Town 1 Desborough Town 1 A LACK of punch up front cost St Ives as Desborough held on to their unbeaten record at Westwood Road. The home side fell behind on 13 minutes when the defence fell asleep at a short corner and Scott
UCL Premier Division
St Ives Town 1 Desborough Town 1
A LACK of punch up front cost St Ives as Desborough held on to their unbeaten record at Westwood Road.
The home side fell behind on 13 minutes when the defence fell asleep at a short corner and Scott Marshall lashed in.
You may also want to watch:
St Ives squandered two one-on-one chances to equalise before they did pull level 12 minutes later.
Saints skipper Will Fordham was on hand to turn in his sixth of the season when a Liam Kennett corner fell at his feet in the box.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 7 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 8 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
The home side dominated the second half but could not find a way through, as the absent Simon Claridge and Scott Fielding proved to be big misses.
Saints are preparing to travel to Gorleston in the FA Vase this weekend.
Joint manager Jez Hall said: "We have a lot of games coming up at the moment so it will be a case of juggling the squad to some extent.
"We are all looking forward to the Gorleston match at the weekend to carry on our good work in the cup competitions."
n Saints were due to travel to Potton last night (Tuesday), go to Gorleston on Saturday and host Thrapston in the Hinchingbrooke Cup next Tuesday.