Saints fire too many blanks
UCL Premier Division St Ives Town 1 Desborough Town 1 A LACK of punch up front cost St Ives as Desborough held on to their unbeaten record at Westwood Road. The home side fell behind on 13 minutes when the defence fell asleep at a short corner and Scott
UCL Premier Division
St Ives Town 1 Desborough Town 1
A LACK of punch up front cost St Ives as Desborough held on to their unbeaten record at Westwood Road.
The home side fell behind on 13 minutes when the defence fell asleep at a short corner and Scott Marshall lashed in.
St Ives squandered two one-on-one chances to equalise before they did pull level 12 minutes later.
Saints skipper Will Fordham was on hand to turn in his sixth of the season when a Liam Kennett corner fell at his feet in the box.
- 1 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 2 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 3 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 4 80th birthday celebrations for the East's longest-serving lollipop lady
- 5 Huge Victorian house with pool and gym on sale for £1.75m
- 6 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 7 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 8 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 9 Judge makes contempt of court ruling against Camp Beagle protesters
- 10 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
The home side dominated the second half but could not find a way through, as the absent Simon Claridge and Scott Fielding proved to be big misses.
Saints are preparing to travel to Gorleston in the FA Vase this weekend.
Joint manager Jez Hall said: "We have a lot of games coming up at the moment so it will be a case of juggling the squad to some extent.
"We are all looking forward to the Gorleston match at the weekend to carry on our good work in the cup competitions."
n Saints were due to travel to Potton last night (Tuesday), go to Gorleston on Saturday and host Thrapston in the Hinchingbrooke Cup next Tuesday.