Saints fall flat against high flyers
UCL Premier Division St Ives Town 0 Wootton Blue Cross 2 TOWN were always second best as they went down to high-flying Wootton Blue Cross. Joint manager Jez Hall admitted his side were not quite good enough on the day as two second-half goals sent Saints
UCL Premier Division
St Ives Town 0 Wootton Blue Cross 2
TOWN were always second best as they went down to high-flying Wootton Blue Cross.
Joint manager Jez Hall admitted his side were not quite good enough on the day as two second-half goals sent Saints to their second defeat in three league games.
You may also want to watch:
A heavy pitch did not help Saints' game and the Wootton midfield adapted better to the conditions. Skipper Darek Jozwiak turned in a fine display to earn the win.
Jozwiak broke the offside trap to score the opener after 52 minutes and Scott McGregor sealed the victory one minute from the end.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 5 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 6 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
- 7 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 8 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Manager of BID Huntingdon is retiring after 11 years of service
Disappointed manager Hall said: "It was a flat performance and although we ran them fairly close we didn't really deserve anything out of the game.
"We've got some tricky games over Christmas with some players missing through suspension so we may need to bring someone in as cover.