Saints End Season In Style
East Midlands 6 (South) St Neots 44 Anstey 15 SAINTS rounded off a satisfactory, in not comprehensive, season with a solid win against Anstey. The forwards, notably Ed Hunt and debutant Jim Cooper, made important contributions as St Neots established an e
East Midlands 6 (South)
St Neots 44 Anstey 15
SAINTS rounded off a satisfactory, in not comprehensive, season with a solid win against Anstey.
The forwards, notably Ed Hunt and debutant Jim Cooper, made important contributions as St Neots established an early lead.
As the first half wore on St Neots team seemed to relax and let their concentration lapse allowing the resilient Anstey team to cross the line and get themselves on the score board.
Some strong words at half saw Saints start the second half with a renewed vigour. Saints surged forward, with flanker Tom Worboys slashing through Anstey defences to score a well deserved try.
- 1 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 2 Missing woman back home
- 3 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Life would be better without mud says Anne Marie Hamilton
- 6 Man who died on A1 at Sawtry is named
- 7 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 8 Read the fascinating history of The Old Bridge Hotel
- 9 New bus service launched to serve Hunts villages
- 10 Jail for Huntingdon man who threatened to kill woman
Playing some of the best rugby seen at The Common this season, some sweeping moves from the backs stretched the Anstey defence time and time again with wing Martyn Allen, making his first appearance of the season, swooped across line to score a try and put the game beyond the visitors' reach.
Captain Vinny Tarbox said: "The club have performed well to finish third in the league and we are looking forward to playing the likes of St Ives and Stamford next season.
"The experience of this season should put us in a fine position to have a real charge at the title next year.