Saints end friendlies unbeaten
ST IVES men s hockey teams enjoyed a successful build-up to the new season in a series of friendlies against Stevenage. Joe Brennan and Dave Land both scored twice as the first team demolished their visitors 6-2 at the Ivo. Last season s division 3NW cham
ST IVES men's hockey teams enjoyed a successful build-up to the new season in a series of friendlies against Stevenage.
Joe Brennan and Dave Land both scored twice as the first team demolished their visitors 6-2 at the Ivo.
Last season's division 3NW champions wasted little time seeing off the challenge of their visitors from Hertfordshire, going into half-time
You may also want to watch:
Superior fitness told after the interval, with Matt Pluke and Ben Scarrow the other players to hit the back of the net.
Meanwhile, St Ives II drew 2-2 at Stevenage II in their match.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 4 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 7 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 10 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
Stevenage opened the scoring before James Cahill pulled one back for St Ives. The home side again took the lead but James Aubrey converted a well-worked set piece to earn a draw.
Karl Buddle was on target twice for St Ives III as they defeated Stevenage III 5-1.
Richard Corbett, Simon Dawson and Scott Perry were the other players on target as St Ives clinched the win.