Saints end friendlies unbeaten
ST IVES men s hockey teams enjoyed a successful build-up to the new season in a series of friendlies against Stevenage. Joe Brennan and Dave Land both scored twice as the first team demolished their visitors 6-2 at the Ivo. Last season s division 3NW cham
ST IVES men's hockey teams enjoyed a successful build-up to the new season in a series of friendlies against Stevenage.
Joe Brennan and Dave Land both scored twice as the first team demolished their visitors 6-2 at the Ivo.
Last season's division 3NW champions wasted little time seeing off the challenge of their visitors from Hertfordshire, going into half-time
Superior fitness told after the interval, with Matt Pluke and Ben Scarrow the other players to hit the back of the net.
Meanwhile, St Ives II drew 2-2 at Stevenage II in their match.
- 1 Historic Huntingdon building on the market for nearly £500k
- 2 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 3 'Our inspiration' - Baby born four months early survives fight for life
- 4 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 5 Garage demolition opponents set up Facebook group
- 6 Old Bailey trial begins of Rikki Neave murder suspect
- 7 Buckfest named as Cambridgeshire's best festival
- 8 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 9 Universal credit households to receive £20 for rising living costs
- 10 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
Stevenage opened the scoring before James Cahill pulled one back for St Ives. The home side again took the lead but James Aubrey converted a well-worked set piece to earn a draw.
Karl Buddle was on target twice for St Ives III as they defeated Stevenage III 5-1.
Richard Corbett, Simon Dawson and Scott Perry were the other players on target as St Ives clinched the win.