Saints crash out of FA Cup
FA Cup Preliminary Round Replay Tuesday, September 5 Brackley Town 4 St Neots Town 0 SAINTS crashed out of the FA Cup after a heavy defeat at Brackley of the Southern League. St Neots had held the hosts to a draw at Rowley Park on Saturday but away from
FA Cup Preliminary Round Replay
Tuesday, September 5
Brackley Town 4 St Neots Town 0
SAINTS crashed out of the FA Cup after a heavy defeat at Brackley of the Southern League.
You may also want to watch:
St Neots had held the hosts to a draw at Rowley Park on Saturday but away from home it was another matter and the tie was very one-sided as Brackley romped into the next round
The home side opened the scoring after 21 minutes when Matt Murphy netted and just 11 minutes later Robbie Beard added a second to put Brackley in command.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 4 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 5 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 6 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 7 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 8 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
Little changed in the second half and when Eliott Sandy netted after 55 minutes the game was virtually over as a contest.
Tom Winters completed the scoring after 61 minutes to compound Saints' misery.