NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Former AC Milan and Inter Milan talent could be ‘Hot’ stuff for St Ives Town
- Credit: Archant
St Ives Town have completed the signing of a player whose CV features spells at two of the biggest clubs in Europe.
Saints chief Ricky Marheineke has sealed a deal for Ghanaian midfielder Edmund Hottor ahead of tomorrow's trip to Barwell in the Southern League Premier Division Central, 3pm.
Hottor was bought by Italian giants AC Milan for €800,000 as a teenager back in 2009 but never made a competitive appearance for the club.
Following a series of loan spells he then joined their fierce city rivals, Inter Milan, in the summer of 2016 but again failed to break into first-team contention.
Hottor played in Portugal before arriving in England ahead of last season and he is no stranger to the non-league game.
You may also want to watch:
The 26 year-old had spells with Kettering Town and Banbury United - and it was while with the latter club that he caught the eye of Marheineke.
"Edmund impressed me when playing against us for Banbury," said Marheineke.
- 1 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 4 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 5 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 6 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
"He left the UK to play football in Qatar in the summer, but has moved back recently and it's great to be able to bring him into the club.
"He has experience of considerably higher levels of the game and that can only benefit us in our current situation.
"He's athletic, he's powerful and he's a good footballer - and he's also a very humble guy who just wants to play.
"He trained with us in the last two weeks and got on well with the lads."
Hottor joins a Saints side one point adrift of Premier Division Central safety after a 2-2 draw with Stratford Town last Saturday.