Saints celebrate new kit with win
HOCKEY St Neots Men 2 Bekhamsted Men 1 ST NEOTS men s team defeated Berkhamsted at the weekend. Darren Ides and Simba Chigwada were on the scoresheet as Saints celebrated receiving their brand new kit courtesy of Beacon Financial Services. The team trave
St Neots Men 2
Bekhamsted Men 1
ST NEOTS men's team defeated Berkhamsted at the weekend. Darren Ides and Simba Chigwada were on the scoresheet as Saints celebrated receiving their brand new kit courtesy of Beacon Financial Services.
You may also want to watch:
The team travel to Bedford this week to take on Bedford 2nd XI.
St Neots Ladies 4
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 5 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 6 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 7 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 8 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
- 9 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 10 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
Royston Ladies 0
SAINTS stormed to a second big win of the season with a thoroughly convincing display.
Good work by Louise Watts set up strike partner Sarah Moore for a goal before Watts herself found the net shortly afterwards.
The home side were 3-0 up at half time thanks to a second for Moore just before the break.
Their dominance continued in the second half and Watts bagged her second from a short corner.
Meanwhile St Neots Ladies 2nd XI slipped to a 2-1 defeat at West Herts while the 3rd XI triumphed 7-0 against Stevenage 4th XI.
St Ives Ladies 2
Peterborough Ladies 1
FOLLOWING on from last week's victory against Watton, Saints narrowly defeated local rivals Peterborough.
Helen Clark and Juliette Fabb were the goalscoring heroes and, although the visitors pulled a goal back, Saints clung on for victory.
Next week St Ives take on Cambridge University, currently lying in mid-table.
St Ives Men 3
City of Peterborough 4th XI 1
TWO goals from Derrick Pope and another from Ben Scarrow gave Saints their first victory of the season over the newly formed visiting team.
Meanwhile the 2nd XI were drawing 1-1 with Ely City 2nd XI.
Richard Corbett's first half strike was not enough and Saints paid for the price for missing their chances when Ely equalised after the break.
The 3rd XI went down to a narrow 1-0 loss at Peterborough, and were left cursing their luck after seeing a late penalty appeal turned down.
The 4th XI slipped to a 2-1 home defeat by Alford despite a goal from Tim McGlashan.