Saints celebrate new kit with win
HOCKEY St Neots Men 2 Bekhamsted Men 1 ST NEOTS men s team defeated Berkhamsted at the weekend. Darren Ides and Simba Chigwada were on the scoresheet as Saints celebrated receiving their brand new kit courtesy of Beacon Financial Services. The team trave
St Neots Men 2
Bekhamsted Men 1
ST NEOTS men's team defeated Berkhamsted at the weekend. Darren Ides and Simba Chigwada were on the scoresheet as Saints celebrated receiving their brand new kit courtesy of Beacon Financial Services.
The team travel to Bedford this week to take on Bedford 2nd XI.
St Neots Ladies 4
- 1 Improved Ofsted rating for village primary school
- 2 All aboard! St Neots father and son to tackle London underground for charity
- 3 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 4 Police called to reports of violence in Huntingdon
- 5 Godmanchester tearoom supporting adults with learning disabilities celebrates
- 6 Cyclist left with serious injuries after bus collision in St Ives
- 7 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 9 First breast-feeding friendly venue announced for St Neots
- 10 Concerns about late-night noise if club is granted alcohol extension
Royston Ladies 0
SAINTS stormed to a second big win of the season with a thoroughly convincing display.
Good work by Louise Watts set up strike partner Sarah Moore for a goal before Watts herself found the net shortly afterwards.
The home side were 3-0 up at half time thanks to a second for Moore just before the break.
Their dominance continued in the second half and Watts bagged her second from a short corner.
Meanwhile St Neots Ladies 2nd XI slipped to a 2-1 defeat at West Herts while the 3rd XI triumphed 7-0 against Stevenage 4th XI.
St Ives Ladies 2
Peterborough Ladies 1
FOLLOWING on from last week's victory against Watton, Saints narrowly defeated local rivals Peterborough.
Helen Clark and Juliette Fabb were the goalscoring heroes and, although the visitors pulled a goal back, Saints clung on for victory.
Next week St Ives take on Cambridge University, currently lying in mid-table.
St Ives Men 3
City of Peterborough 4th XI 1
TWO goals from Derrick Pope and another from Ben Scarrow gave Saints their first victory of the season over the newly formed visiting team.
Meanwhile the 2nd XI were drawing 1-1 with Ely City 2nd XI.
Richard Corbett's first half strike was not enough and Saints paid for the price for missing their chances when Ely equalised after the break.
The 3rd XI went down to a narrow 1-0 loss at Peterborough, and were left cursing their luck after seeing a late penalty appeal turned down.
The 4th XI slipped to a 2-1 home defeat by Alford despite a goal from Tim McGlashan.