Saints bolster coaching staff
Danny Nicholls and Richard King join the ranks at St Neots
EXPERIENCED duo Danny Nicholls and Richard King have been added to St Neots Town’s coaching staff.
Nicholls, who was assistant manager at Blue Square Bet North outfit Corby Town last season, is Saints’ new head coach.
A UEFA A Licenced coach, he played for the likes of Hemel Hempstead and Aylesbury United and has a wealth of knowledge on Southern League teams.
King, meanwhile, who has worked previously at both Peterborough United and Stamford, is the new goalkeeping coach at St Neots and will work with current first-team stoppers Michael Duggan and Tim Trebes.
On the pair, manager Dennis Greene said: “I have been an admirer of Danny for some time.
“His coaching ability is second to none and it is a pleasure to have him on board.
- 1 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 2 Police called to reports of violence in Huntingdon
- 3 Cyclist left with serious injuries after bus collision in St Ives
- 4 Voi trial ‘confuses people’ about illegal e-scooters
- 5 Concerns about late-night noise if club is granted alcohol extension
- 6 Drought officially declared in East Anglian region
- 7 Godmanchester tearoom supporting adults with learning disabilities celebrates
- 8 B1514 Brampton Road closure extended for Saturday
- 9 Dancers Jive, tango and have fun at the Illumination Dance Masquerade Ball
- 10 This week Reader Photos showing close-ups of wildlife and some holiday scenes
“I have watched Richard take our goalkeepers’ training sessions over the past week and can see that he will give them everything they need. He is another great addition to the staff.”
Chairman and owner Mike Kearns said: “Dennis certainly knows just what he needs – and when he needs it.
“The signings of Danny and Richard are just as important as signing two top players.
“We have a very good squad and, with the quality we have among our coaching staff, it will ensure that our game reaches another level.”
St Neots’ first pre-season game is on Saturday against Milton Keynes Dons at The Hunts Post Community Stadium, kick-off 3pm.