Saints bolster coaching staff
Danny Nicholls and Richard King join the ranks at St Neots
EXPERIENCED duo Danny Nicholls and Richard King have been added to St Neots Town’s coaching staff.
Nicholls, who was assistant manager at Blue Square Bet North outfit Corby Town last season, is Saints’ new head coach.
A UEFA A Licenced coach, he played for the likes of Hemel Hempstead and Aylesbury United and has a wealth of knowledge on Southern League teams.
King, meanwhile, who has worked previously at both Peterborough United and Stamford, is the new goalkeeping coach at St Neots and will work with current first-team stoppers Michael Duggan and Tim Trebes.
On the pair, manager Dennis Greene said: “I have been an admirer of Danny for some time.
“His coaching ability is second to none and it is a pleasure to have him on board.
- 1 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 2 East of England Tourism Awards 2021-2022: Pub of the Year finalists
- 3 Trainee chef reaches finals of national competition
- 4 'The impossible is possible' - Cambs' Kat Cordiner breaks Atlantic record
- 5 Bakery and baking school opens after Crowdfunding push
- 6 Petition calls on county council to reject waste incinerator
- 7 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 8 Read the fascinating history of The Old Bridge Hotel
- 9 New bus service launched to serve Hunts villages
- 10 Jail for Huntingdon man who threatened to kill woman
“I have watched Richard take our goalkeepers’ training sessions over the past week and can see that he will give them everything they need. He is another great addition to the staff.”
Chairman and owner Mike Kearns said: “Dennis certainly knows just what he needs – and when he needs it.
“The signings of Danny and Richard are just as important as signing two top players.
“We have a very good squad and, with the quality we have among our coaching staff, it will ensure that our game reaches another level.”
St Neots’ first pre-season game is on Saturday against Milton Keynes Dons at The Hunts Post Community Stadium, kick-off 3pm.