Saints bolster coaching staff
Danny Nicholls and Richard King join the ranks at St Neots
EXPERIENCED duo Danny Nicholls and Richard King have been added to St Neots Town’s coaching staff.
Nicholls, who was assistant manager at Blue Square Bet North outfit Corby Town last season, is Saints’ new head coach.
A UEFA A Licenced coach, he played for the likes of Hemel Hempstead and Aylesbury United and has a wealth of knowledge on Southern League teams.
King, meanwhile, who has worked previously at both Peterborough United and Stamford, is the new goalkeeping coach at St Neots and will work with current first-team stoppers Michael Duggan and Tim Trebes.
You may also want to watch:
On the pair, manager Dennis Greene said: “I have been an admirer of Danny for some time.
“His coaching ability is second to none and it is a pleasure to have him on board.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 4 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 5 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 10 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
“I have watched Richard take our goalkeepers’ training sessions over the past week and can see that he will give them everything they need. He is another great addition to the staff.”
Chairman and owner Mike Kearns said: “Dennis certainly knows just what he needs – and when he needs it.
“The signings of Danny and Richard are just as important as signing two top players.
“We have a very good squad and, with the quality we have among our coaching staff, it will ensure that our game reaches another level.”
St Neots’ first pre-season game is on Saturday against Milton Keynes Dons at The Hunts Post Community Stadium, kick-off 3pm.