Saints beaten in early start to season
- Credit: Archant
St Neots Town Saints suffered a heavy defeat in their early start to the United Counties League Division One season yesterday morning.
Lydia Bedford’s side were beaten 4-1 at Thrapston Town in a fixture which formed part of the ‘Rutland Groundhop’ – an event which included a host of matches from Friday to Sunday in Leicestershire and Northamptonshire areas.
Saints conceded three times in the opening period and a fourth goal for the hosts early in the second half ended any hopes of a comeback.
They did threaten on several occasions though as Kelvin Osei-Addo saw one fierce shot well saved before thundering another effort against the woodwork.
Saints were eventually rewarded with a consolation in the closing stages when substitute Terry Agyemang converted a Sean Barker cross.
You may also want to watch:
St Neots Town Saints: Evan Jackells, Sean Barker, Dan Loasby, Lewis Davis, Cameron Harris, Marshall Harris (Charlie Lewis), Sam Tamakloe, Goran Smilkov, Sol Orieji (Chris Lewis), Kelvin Osei-Addo, Claudio Ofosu (Terry Agyemang).
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 6 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 7 Huntingdon assistant land buyer wins graduate award from her peers
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 10 How well do you know Huntingdon?