Saints announce seven new signings
ST NEOTS Town have boosted their squad with seven new signings in the last week, including ex-Fulham player Sylvain Legwinski. Legwinski has joined Rowley Park after leaving Ipswich at the end of last season and training in the Swedish league at the sta
ST NEOTS Town have boosted their squad with seven new signings in the last week, including ex-Fulham player Sylvain Legwinski.
Legwinski has joined Rowley Park after leaving Ipswich at the end of last season and training in the Swedish league at the start of this season. He won the French league twice at Monaco and Bordeaux and played under Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger. He represented France at under-21 level and has scored 36 goals in 413 games over his 16 year career.
Ex-Cambridge City captain Glen Fuff has joined St Neots from Soham Town Rangers. Centre-back Fuff, who started at Peterborough, recovered from a career-threatening leg-break to start playing again earlier this season.
Michael Hyen, 20, has also joined Steve Lomas' team from Bishops Stortford in the Blue Square South division. The 20-year-old midfielder comes from Brampton, and club chairman John Delaney was pleased to local players joining the club.
You may also want to watch:
"These ate two quality lads and will really send out a statement of intent to anyone involved in non-league football. Everyone will know we are serious and it's great to have local lads joining," he said/
Saints have also signed Peterborough United youngsters Callum Reed and Darren Gourlay. Both are in their second year at the high-flying league one club's academy and hoping for professional contracts, with Reed being called up to represent the Republic of Ireland at a youth training camp last summer.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
Huntingdon Town's top scorer Lee Bassett has also joined the club. With nine goals from his 23 games, 19-year-old Bassett has scored almost a third of Huntingdon's goals this season and his height will provide a new attacking option for the club.
Another former Fulham player, Ismael Ehui, has also joined the Rowley Park outfit. Striker Ehui, 22, will be playing until the end of the season and is returning to the UK after playing in Cyprus earlier this season.
The new signings were coupled with new manager Steve Lomas and Michael Hughes joining the club, both of whom will play for the team.
Delaney said about Lomas: "We have captured, in my opinion, a first class player and manager who will really push our team forward.