Sad Swann-ell song
UCL Premier Division Bugbrooke 5 Huntingdon Tn 2 HUNTINGDON Town manager Paul Swannell bowed out with a whimper as his side were heavily beaten. The day began badly for Town when a number of players pulled out and a sluggish performance saw them 4-0 down
UCL Premier Division
Bugbrooke 5 Huntingdon Tn 2
HUNTINGDON Town manager Paul Swannell bowed out with a whimper as his side were heavily beaten.
The day began badly for Town when a number of players pulled out and a sluggish performance saw them 4-0 down after 65 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Goals from Carl Foreman and Alyou Coaney gave Huntingdon some hope but a late Will Briscoe goal for the hosts sealed the win.
Town have completed their fixtures, having recorded just seven wins from 30 games. Huntingdon lie in 13th position in the 16-team league, although could finish 14th if Bugbrooke win their game in hand.
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 9 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 10 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
Swannell, whose future role with the club is unclear, said: "When three of your top players pull out on the day of the game it is always going to be a struggle.
"It has been a disastrous second half of the season, from being fairly handily placed at Christmas."
n On Saturday, Godmanchester Rovers slipped to a 5-0 defeat at league leaders Walsham-le-Willows. Rovers have a must-win game against March Town United tonight (Wednesday) at Bearscroft Lane. If Rovers fail to win it looks likely they will finish bottom of the Ridgeons League Division One.
n St Neots Town slipped to a 1-0 home defeat against Blackstones. Town played their final match of the season last night (Tuesday) at Northampton Spencer, after The Hunts Post went to press.