Sad Swann-ell song
UCL Premier Division Bugbrooke 5 Huntingdon Tn 2 HUNTINGDON Town manager Paul Swannell bowed out with a whimper as his side were heavily beaten. The day began badly for Town when a number of players pulled out and a sluggish performance saw them 4-0 down
UCL Premier Division
Bugbrooke 5 Huntingdon Tn 2
HUNTINGDON Town manager Paul Swannell bowed out with a whimper as his side were heavily beaten.
The day began badly for Town when a number of players pulled out and a sluggish performance saw them 4-0 down after 65 minutes.
Goals from Carl Foreman and Alyou Coaney gave Huntingdon some hope but a late Will Briscoe goal for the hosts sealed the win.
Town have completed their fixtures, having recorded just seven wins from 30 games. Huntingdon lie in 13th position in the 16-team league, although could finish 14th if Bugbrooke win their game in hand.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 3 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 4 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 5 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 6 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 7 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 8 Silent protest at Camp Beagle as vans leave the site
- 9 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 10 Newly elected mayor and deputy mayor of St Neots announced
Swannell, whose future role with the club is unclear, said: "When three of your top players pull out on the day of the game it is always going to be a struggle.
"It has been a disastrous second half of the season, from being fairly handily placed at Christmas."
n On Saturday, Godmanchester Rovers slipped to a 5-0 defeat at league leaders Walsham-le-Willows. Rovers have a must-win game against March Town United tonight (Wednesday) at Bearscroft Lane. If Rovers fail to win it looks likely they will finish bottom of the Ridgeons League Division One.
n St Neots Town slipped to a 1-0 home defeat against Blackstones. Town played their final match of the season last night (Tuesday) at Northampton Spencer, after The Hunts Post went to press.