RUTLAND LEAGUE CRICKET: Century and five-wicket haul in Huntingdon & District success; Cavan is the King for Alconbury; half-centuries inspire first Ramsey win
- Credit: Archant
There were plenty of fine individual showings in the Rutland League last Sunday.
Huntingdon & District’s overseas player, Graham Hudson, smashed 139 as his side triumphed at Spalding in Division Three West.
That 117-run victory also included a 5-28 haul for bowler Adrian Rose.
Alconbury man Cavan King was another player to claim a five-wicket haul at that level. His 5-34 return arrived in a four-wicket victory against Bourne 2nds which also featured an unbeaten 42 from Harry Cotton.
Steven Turner bagged 5-32 for Sawtry but still ended up on the losing side as they were beaten by 90 runs at Nassington 2nds in Division Four West.
Half-centuries from Mark Saunders (57no) and Jake Towerton (56) steered Ramsey to a first Division Two win of the season.
They eased to a six-wicket success against Ufford Park when comfortably passing a victory target of 164.
- 1 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 2 Two-day closure set for B661 between Great Staughton and Grafham Water
- 3 Car rolled in crash on A14
- 4 Eight Huntingdon children handed anti-social behaviour interventions
- 5 Sir John Major to answer questions at Infected Blood Inquiry
- 6 Garden railway raises money for 3 Pillars
- 7 John Major's 'bad luck' comment is 'absolutely disgraceful' says son of victim
- 8 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 9 A "determined" Huntingdon man takes on Everest after a double lung transplant
- 10 A charity football match involving a mixed Polish and Ukrainian team aims to raise funds for Ukraine
TJ Harding earlier claimed 4-18 to continue his prolific start to the season.