RUTLAND LEAGUE CRICKET: Century and five-wicket haul in Huntingdon & District success; Cavan is the King for Alconbury; half-centuries inspire first Ramsey win
- Credit: Archant
There were plenty of fine individual showings in the Rutland League last Sunday.
Huntingdon & District’s overseas player, Graham Hudson, smashed 139 as his side triumphed at Spalding in Division Three West.
That 117-run victory also included a 5-28 haul for bowler Adrian Rose.
Alconbury man Cavan King was another player to claim a five-wicket haul at that level. His 5-34 return arrived in a four-wicket victory against Bourne 2nds which also featured an unbeaten 42 from Harry Cotton.
Steven Turner bagged 5-32 for Sawtry but still ended up on the losing side as they were beaten by 90 runs at Nassington 2nds in Division Four West.
You may also want to watch:
Half-centuries from Mark Saunders (57no) and Jake Towerton (56) steered Ramsey to a first Division Two win of the season.
They eased to a six-wicket success against Ufford Park when comfortably passing a victory target of 164.
- 1 Police move in to close house after reports of anti-social behaviour
- 2 New garden village on outskirts of St Neots will bring 10,000 homes
- 3 Man named following fatal collision near Bluntisham
- 4 Jail for man who stole more than £25,000 from company
- 5 Vaccine centres offering earlier second dose AstraZeneca
- 6 Schoolgirl cuts her hair so friend can have a wig
- 7 Mum's donation to thank 'incredible' midwives and maternity staff
- 8 Almost 100 'sexual and violent crimes' recorded in two of our towns in one month
- 9 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 10 Notice served to remove travellers from school site
TJ Harding earlier claimed 4-18 to continue his prolific start to the season.