RUTLAND LEAGUE CRICKET: Century and five-wicket haul in Huntingdon & District success; Cavan is the King for Alconbury; half-centuries inspire first Ramsey win
- Credit: Archant
There were plenty of fine individual showings in the Rutland League last Sunday.
Huntingdon & District’s overseas player, Graham Hudson, smashed 139 as his side triumphed at Spalding in Division Three West.
That 117-run victory also included a 5-28 haul for bowler Adrian Rose.
Alconbury man Cavan King was another player to claim a five-wicket haul at that level. His 5-34 return arrived in a four-wicket victory against Bourne 2nds which also featured an unbeaten 42 from Harry Cotton.
Steven Turner bagged 5-32 for Sawtry but still ended up on the losing side as they were beaten by 90 runs at Nassington 2nds in Division Four West.
You may also want to watch:
Half-centuries from Mark Saunders (57no) and Jake Towerton (56) steered Ramsey to a first Division Two win of the season.
They eased to a six-wicket success against Ufford Park when comfortably passing a victory target of 164.
- 1 'Armed police' swarm St Ives road in 'ongoing incident'
- 2 'She would help anyone' - Tributes to much-loved Tegan Luff
- 3 Man suspected of carrying knife 'in the street' is arrested in St Ives
- 4 Prison for 'violent' blackmailers who told victim 'we'll stab you'
- 5 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 6 The Windmill pub is set to reopen after extensive refurbishment
- 7 Hunts youngsters simply enjoying playing cricket again
- 8 Here are your 'at a glance' lockdown changes from today (May 17)
- 9 Paedophile foiled by undercover officer
- 10 Milestones and PBs for Riverside Runners as actual races make comeback
TJ Harding earlier claimed 4-18 to continue his prolific start to the season.