RUTLAND LEAGUE CRICKET: Century and five-wicket haul in Huntingdon & District success; Cavan is the King for Alconbury; half-centuries inspire first Ramsey win
- Credit: Archant
There were plenty of fine individual showings in the Rutland League last Sunday.
Huntingdon & District’s overseas player, Graham Hudson, smashed 139 as his side triumphed at Spalding in Division Three West.
That 117-run victory also included a 5-28 haul for bowler Adrian Rose.
Alconbury man Cavan King was another player to claim a five-wicket haul at that level. His 5-34 return arrived in a four-wicket victory against Bourne 2nds which also featured an unbeaten 42 from Harry Cotton.
Steven Turner bagged 5-32 for Sawtry but still ended up on the losing side as they were beaten by 90 runs at Nassington 2nds in Division Four West.
Half-centuries from Mark Saunders (57no) and Jake Towerton (56) steered Ramsey to a first Division Two win of the season.
They eased to a six-wicket success against Ufford Park when comfortably passing a victory target of 164.
- 1 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 4 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 5 Karl Brockett writes about the history of St Ives
- 6 Hinchingbrooke Hospital get share of £4.5m to 'improve care'
- 7 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 8 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 9 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 10 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
TJ Harding earlier claimed 4-18 to continue his prolific start to the season.