RUTLAND LEAGUE CRICKET: Brilliant century from Bonsall and super six-wicket haul for Gallagher in same game
- Credit: Archant
An early-season Rutland League clash featured a pair of fine individual feats last Sunday.
Sawtry beat Kimbolton by 45 runs in a high-scoring Division Four West clash involving two local teams, a century and a six-wicket haul.
Veteran batsman Ian Bonsall was man to reach three figures as he compiled an innings of 111 before becoming one of the many victims of Kimbolton bowler Curtis Gallagher, who swooped for 6-32.
Bonsall received smart support from Hayden Bream (74) and skipper Shaun Hubbard (32) who were the only other Sawtry men to reach double-figures as their side posted 248-8.
Bream also impressed with the ball. His 3-26 included the prize scalp of overseas player Jason Redinger for 41 as Kimbolton were dismissed for 203.
Alconbury were beaten by five wickets at Whittlesey in Division Three East despite an unbeaten half-century from Harry Cotton (53no).
And Tahseel Ahmadzai hit 68 for a losing Huntingdon & District side as they went down by five wickets at Werrington at the same level.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 3 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 4 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 5 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 6 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 7 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 8 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 9 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 10 Newly elected mayor and deputy mayor of St Neots announced
Ramsey were walloped by 141 runs at Stamford in Division Two.
STAMFORD beat RAMSEY by 141 runs
Stamford 257-8 (H. Buddle 3-76).
Division Three East
WERRINGTON beat HUNTINGDON & DISTRICT by 5 wkts
Huntingdon & District 171-9 (T. Ahmadzai 68, H. Ahmed 36).
WHITTLESEY beat ALCONBURY by 7 wkts
Alconbury 171-5 (H. Cotton 53no, D. Godward 46).
Division Four West
SAWTRY beat KIMBOLTON by 45 runs
Sawtry 248-8 (I. Bonsall 111, H. Bream 74, S. Hubbard 32, C. Gallagher 6-32).
Kimbolton 203 (J. Redinger 41, J. Biddle 36, C. Gallagher 35, H. Bream 3-26).