Runner learns from an Olympic winner
A RUNNER from St Neots has been taking tips from double Olympic champion Dame Kelly Holmes at a special training weekend. Suzi Boast, 17, is part of the On Camp with Kelly scheme which sees some of the country s most promising athletes receive one-to-on
A RUNNER from St Neots has been taking tips from double Olympic champion Dame Kelly Holmes at a special training weekend.
Suzi Boast, 17, is part of the 'On Camp with Kelly' scheme which sees some of the country's most promising athletes receive one-to-one tuition from Dame Kelly.
Suzi runs for Bedford & County and won the bronze medal at 1,500-metres in this year's AAA U20 Indoor Championships.
At the camp, Suzi took part in one-to-one sessions with experts on topics such as nutrition, sports psychology and injury prevention as well as individual mentoring advice from Dame Kelly.
You may also want to watch:
She also took part in a practical session in the pool on aqua-jogging techniques and received medical support with physiotherapy, massage and advice from a sports doctor.
Suzi said: "I am always lifted by the On Camp with Kelly get-togethers. They refresh my motivation to be the best I can be. I feel privileged when I am with the group, the staff and Kelly. Everyone has an uplifting spirit about them.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity