Runner learns from an Olympic winner
A RUNNER from St Neots has been taking tips from double Olympic champion Dame Kelly Holmes at a special training weekend. Suzi Boast, 17, is part of the On Camp with Kelly scheme which sees some of the country s most promising athletes receive one-to-on
A RUNNER from St Neots has been taking tips from double Olympic champion Dame Kelly Holmes at a special training weekend.
Suzi Boast, 17, is part of the 'On Camp with Kelly' scheme which sees some of the country's most promising athletes receive one-to-one tuition from Dame Kelly.
Suzi runs for Bedford & County and won the bronze medal at 1,500-metres in this year's AAA U20 Indoor Championships.
At the camp, Suzi took part in one-to-one sessions with experts on topics such as nutrition, sports psychology and injury prevention as well as individual mentoring advice from Dame Kelly.
You may also want to watch:
She also took part in a practical session in the pool on aqua-jogging techniques and received medical support with physiotherapy, massage and advice from a sports doctor.
Suzi said: "I am always lifted by the On Camp with Kelly get-togethers. They refresh my motivation to be the best I can be. I feel privileged when I am with the group, the staff and Kelly. Everyone has an uplifting spirit about them.
- 1 Woman dies after car hits lamppost in Eaton Ford
- 2 Huge queues and excitement in Huntingdon as shoppers return
- 3 Drivers escape unharmed after lorry and roadworks truck crash on A1m
- 4 Tribute for inspirational transplant patient Sammi Sparke
- 5 Story of "poltergeist activity" at the local pub
- 6 New Shoe Zone 'concept store' opens
- 7 People and businesses in St Neots 'thrilled' as lockdown eases
- 8 Burglar's DNA linked to break in at Ramsey Royal British Legion Club
- 9 New secondary school for St Neots could be open by 2025
- 10 Fenstanton Youth pick up where they left off with win over Bluntisham Blasters