Run for fun with new St Ives group
A NEW running group has been set up in St Ives to help would-be joggers discover the sport, return to running or just get into shape for Summer. The group, organised under a national initiative supported by Run in England, will be led by experienced runn
A NEW running group has been set up in St Ives to help would-be joggers discover the sport, return to running or just get into shape for Summer.
The group, organised under a national initiative supported by Run in England, will be led by experienced runners Hilary McConville and Andy Richardson.
Runners will complete a 10-week programme which is designed to enable them to complete 30 minutes of running non-stop upon completion.
The group will be based at One Leisure Outdoor Centre in California Road, St Ives.
You may also want to watch:
McConville said: "Anyone can join, whatever age, size or ability.
"The best thing about the group is that no pressure will be put on anyone. If a few more men and women can start running rather than walking then the group will have been a success!"
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 8 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 Buckden celebrate first cup win in decades with home-grown squad
Richardson added: "Running is one of the best - and cheapest - ways to get in shape, as it burns calories more than most other sports.
"The only equipment you need is a decent pair of trainers.
"All members will have their own personal targets and goals, whether it is starting to run at all or to get fit enough and confident enough to take part in a race. We all start in the same place, thinking we can't do it but, with a bit of training and some fun along the way, we will get there in the end."
INFORMATION: To find out more, contact Hilary McConville on 01480 395581. Membershop of Run in England costs �20, for which runners receive a running top, water bottle and log book. Each session costs �2, payable in advance.