RUGBY: Top-of-the-table clash for St Ives, important home fixture for title-chasing St Neots, another survival battle for Stags
- Credit: Archant
There are two big title clashes and one survival showdown involving local clubs tomorrow.
Leaders St Ives face a top-of-the-table fixture in Midlands Division Three when they welcome Leicester side Vipers to Somersham Road.
The Bulls go into battle 10 points clear of the visitors and keen to bounce back to winning ways after suffering a first defeat of the season – 6-5 at Bedford outfit Queens – in their previous game three weeks ago.
And St Neots can take a big step towards a second Midlands Division Four East crown in the space of four years tomorrow.
Saints, who sit eight points clear at the summit with only four games to go, entertain Bedford Swifts at The Common.
You may also want to watch:
Huntingdon are the team battling to avoid the drop in Midlands Division One East.
And Damien Whales’ side can boost their hopes of staying up with victory at Northampton Old Scouts tomorrow.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 9 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 10 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
Stags are currently second bottom but have closed to within three points of safety, while Old Scouts sit directly above the danger-zone.