RUGBY: Success for young Stags sides
- Credit: Archant
Two of Huntingdon’s junior sides have celebrated success recently.
The club’s Under 15 squad won the Ron Hatch Trophy at a festival in Colchester.
They powered through the group stage in unbeaten style, beating Bishop’s Stortford, Sevenoaks, hosts Colchester and Ipswich.
That set up a semi-final showdown with Sudbury. The match actually ended in a 5-5 deadlock but Stags advanced by virtue of scoring the first try through Max Proietti.
That set up a showpiece clash against Hertford where Jason Graham scored the solitary try to earn a fine victory.
You may also want to watch:
Stags Under 15s: Luke Basham, Austin Brennan, Jake Bycroft, Alistair Campbell, Andrew Clemens, Jace Craig, Remy Edwards, Drew Gould, Jason Graham, Harvey Pinkney, Max Proietti, Will Ramply, Martin Ramsbottom, Ben Rowbottom, Archie Wilson, Matthew Winterbottom, Max Ray.
And Stags’ Under 16s lifted the Cambridgeshire County Cup Plate following a 26-21 victory against Newmarket.
- 1 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 4 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 5 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 6 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 7 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 8 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
Joe Steele (2), Ellis Jackson and Oscar Proietti provided the tries.