RUGBY: Success for young Stags sides
- Credit: Archant
Two of Huntingdon’s junior sides have celebrated success recently.
The club’s Under 15 squad won the Ron Hatch Trophy at a festival in Colchester.
They powered through the group stage in unbeaten style, beating Bishop’s Stortford, Sevenoaks, hosts Colchester and Ipswich.
That set up a semi-final showdown with Sudbury. The match actually ended in a 5-5 deadlock but Stags advanced by virtue of scoring the first try through Max Proietti.
That set up a showpiece clash against Hertford where Jason Graham scored the solitary try to earn a fine victory.
Stags Under 15s: Luke Basham, Austin Brennan, Jake Bycroft, Alistair Campbell, Andrew Clemens, Jace Craig, Remy Edwards, Drew Gould, Jason Graham, Harvey Pinkney, Max Proietti, Will Ramply, Martin Ramsbottom, Ben Rowbottom, Archie Wilson, Matthew Winterbottom, Max Ray.
And Stags’ Under 16s lifted the Cambridgeshire County Cup Plate following a 26-21 victory against Newmarket.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 3 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 4 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 5 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 6 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 7 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 8 Silent protest at Camp Beagle as vans leave the site
- 9 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 10 Newly elected mayor and deputy mayor of St Neots announced
Joe Steele (2), Ellis Jackson and Oscar Proietti provided the tries.