Rugby: Stags do the Tango over Spalding
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdon kick-started the new year with a smooth slamming of Midlands Division One East whipping boys Spalding on Saturday.
The Stags had been left frustrated by a postponement the previous weekend and their rock-bottom visitors received the backlash in a 48-0 romp at the Racecourse.
Thomas ‘Tango’ Morgan bagged a brace of first-half tries as Huntingdon took command while Dan Malem kept the scorechart ticking over with a conversion and penalty during the first half.
And plenty more points followed as Stags made the most of having a fierce wind at their backs in the second period to wrap up a fourth successive home triumph.
Jack Skidmore went over following a scrum, Ben Martin claimed his first try of the season and Tad Chapman danced through the defence to score - all three efforts successfully converted by Malem.
You may also want to watch:
Safe in the knowledge that the match was won and a bonus point secured, Stags began to throw the ball around in the hunt for picture-book scores.
They crossed the line twice more with Wayne Bradley and JJ Ward both going over in the closing stages of the contest. Malem did the honours with the conversion on the latter occasion.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 3 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 10 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
Coach Damian Wales admitted: “The lads let their bodies do the talking and got the job done well.
“We set ourselves some key goals and achieved all of them. I’m happy with the performance.”
Stags are back on home soil when they host Bedford Athletic on Saturday.