RUGBY: St Neots youngsters head into the Tigers’ den
- Credit: Archant
A bunch of St Neots Rugby Club youngsters were treated to a trip to Premiership giants Leicester Tigers recently.
The Saints’ Under 8 squad travelled to Welford Road to see the 10-time English champions beat bottom side London Irish in the Aviva Premiership on January 6.
They took part in a Tigers Matchday Coaching Clinic ahead of the game and had the chance to quiz Leicester forward Will Evans about life as a professional player.
The St Neots lads were then welcomed onto the pitch at half-time where they posed for pictures with Tigers duo Pat Cilliers and Tom Brady.
St Neots coach Harry Morris said: “It was a really good experience for our boys.
You may also want to watch:
“The coaching focused on individual skills and gameplay, and we all took away a lot of learnings.
“We did well last season and we have welcomed some new players to the club, so we’re in a good position.”
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k