RUGBY: St Neots come up just short in Midlands Junior Vase exit
- Credit: Archant
St Neots bowed out of the Midlands Junior Vase last Saturday.
The local side were pipped 18-16 by Warwickshire visitors Harbury in a second-round clash at The Common.
Lewis Hall kicked Saints into the lead with a penalty before Jordan Rook touched down for a try which stemmed from a well-worked line-out routine.
Harbury hit back with their opening try before Hall responded with another penalty. That was cancelled out by a three-pointer from the away side, who then hit the front with a try on the stroke of half-time. They extended their advantage with a third score early in the second period.
Saints replied when Johnny Berwick powered in for a try after taking a quick tap penalty, but they couldn’t find another way through
You may also want to watch:
St Neots return to Midlands Division Four East (South) action at Thorney this Saturday when aiming to follow up victories in their opening two league games.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 6 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding